🎫 Is it possible to obtain a visa on arrival in Laos?

It is possible to obtain a visa on arrival, but you will need to be patient. Thanks to e-Visa, you can go through a special counter that will make you save a lot of timenot insignificant after several hours in the air.

Only the following entry points issue visas on arrival:

> Wattay / Vientiane International Airport
> Pakse / Champassak airport
> Louangprabang International Airport
> Bo Ten / Bo Hane border (China)
> Golden Triangle border (Thailand/Burma)
> Houay Xay / Chiengkhong border (Thailand)
> First Friendship Bridge (Thailand border)
> Thanaleng station (Thailand border)
> Thakhek / Nakornopanom border (Thailand)
> Densavanh / Lao Bao border (Vietnam)
> Second Friendship Bridge (Thailand)
> Vang Tao / Song Mek border (Thailand)
> Nong Nok Khiene / tra Preng Kriene (Cambodia)

⚠️ In the context of COVID-19, the authorities recommend obtaining an e-visa to avoid contact on arrival.

⏱ When should I apply for an e-Visa?

You must apply for an e-Visa at least 4 days before your arrival. If you are arriving a long way away, we will accept applications but will send you your e-Visa when it is available (about a month before your arrival). 

⏳ How long is the e-Visa valid for?

The e-Visa allows you to stay one maximum of 30 days on the spot. Once the e-Visa has been issued, you have 60 days to re-enter the country.

⏩ Want to extend your e-Visa?

If you want to stay in Laos for more than 30 days, you will need to extend your visa on the spot, before the visa expires of course. This will take around 2 US $ per dayAlternatively, you can cross the border and buy a visa valid for 30 days at 30 US $.

Extensions are only available at the immigration posts in Vientiane, Luang Prabang and Pakse.

🚸 Does the e-Visa also apply to minors?

Yes, minors also need an e-Visa. 

🧒 Do I need to apply for an exit permit for my child?

If a minor leaves French territory without a legal guardian, he or she must be in possession of an AST (authorisation to leave the country). This document can be requested online, and must be completed by one of the holders of parental authority. When travelling, this form must be accompanied by a copy of the identity document of the legal guardian.

Authorisation to leave the country

🇲🇲 Would you like to visit Myanmar during your trip?

To travel to Myanmar, you will need a Burma visa. The e-Visa will allow you to stay for a maximum of 28 days. You can also make your request here.

💊 Which vaccinations are compulsory for Laos?

No vaccinations are compulsory but the authorities advise :

  • Updating the DTP
  • Depending on the trip, typhoid fever and viral hepatitis A and B.
  • Rabies vaccination may also be recommended in certain cases, depending on the conditions and location of your stay. Ask your doctor or an international vaccination centre for advice.
  • For stays in rural areas, vaccination against Japanese encephalitis may be necessary.

Consult the obligations of vaccines for Laos

🚨 What should you do if you've made a mistake in your application?

If you discover an error before sending your administrative documents, please indicate the correction to be made by sending these documents.

Beyond that moment, corrections can no longer be applied. We invite you to contact us for more information.

Once the e-Visa issued, its data cannot be modified. You will need to submit a new application if your information differs significantly.

🙅🏽 Would you like to cancel your request?

Unfortunately, once paid, an ETA application is non-refundable. Please contact us for further information..

ℹ️ Is my personal information secure?

The data you enter on this site is protected and will only be used to obtain the requested e-Visa.. Our payment process is secure, and no banking information about you is stored on our servers.

Privacy policy